Now hiring part-time workers
Interested in working with Campus Dining Services? Complete the online application form, and we will be in touch very soon about the specific opportunities. If you still have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our dynamic team
Campus Dining employs approximately 1500 people, including about 1100 students each year, and operates 19 restaurants and markets across the Cal Poly campus. The work is dynamic and fast-paced, including a high volume of transactions and large production. It takes energy and a sturdy pair of shoes to serve 20,000 guests every day.
Campus Dining is a part of the Cal Poly Corporation, a self-supporting independent non-profit organization. It’s the corporation’s mission to support the university in its academic mission and food service is a very important part of that mission. Campus Dining’s role is to make sure students get the food they need to do their very best in school. We do this by providing delicious, quality food and friendly service.
We know happy employees make happy customers. So we strive to maintain an environment where employees enjoy coming to work every day.
The opportunities available
Campus Dining offers employment opportunities across our departments including:
- Retail Assistants
- Catering Servers
- Food Preparation
- Warehouse/Delivery Assistants
- Office Assistants
- Crew Leaders for most units
The kind of people we are seeking
Campus Dining seeks the most qualified individual to fill each job opening. We also look for people who have flexibility in their schedules. Campus Dining hours are varied and support the university’s academic calendar, and there are some jobs available during breaks and summer. Campus Dining is a great place for students to work, as well as retirees and other non-students seeking part time opportunities (who we call intermittent employees). It is also a great place for people with a positive attitude.
The benefits of working with us.
Working at Campus Dining offers flexible hours at our many locations. Students can work up to 20 hours a week on campus, saving lots of time for class, studying and life. We understand that your time is valuable and are happy to work with you to create a reasonable and flexible schedule. The other benefits include:
- Competitive Pay and Advancement: Pay ranges $10.50-$11 an hour and get Paid Every 2 weeks!
- Free Meals: Free meals with each shift of 4 hours or more. Not only does Campus Dining pay you for your hard work, we also want to make sure that you are eating well.
- Opportunity for advancement: Potential to earn raises for each year worked and develop your leadership skills by becoming a student leader.
- Build Your Resume: Build your resume and develop professional skills for your future career.
- Flexible Dress Code: Free uniform shirt/apron/cap but some flexibility to show some personal flair at work.
- Fun and Social Work Environment: Opportunity to meet a cross section of the Cal Poly community.
- Convenient Locations: Across campus a number of places close to home or class.
- No Experience Necessary: We will train you.
- Other Perks: Free SLO Transit bus pass, paid sick leave, Cal Poly library privilege.
Regular-Benefited Staff Employment Opportunities
To view job postings and/or apply for any regular-benefited position at Campus Dining, please visit the Cal Poly Corporation Employment Opportunities website at www.calpolycorporationjobs.org. Only job seekers who complete an application online will be considered for employment. The Cal Poly Corporation offers generous benefits including paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a retirement program.